Welcome back Bible students! In mid-February we set sail on a study of 1&2 Thessalonians, seeking to sit under the teaching of the apostle Paul, as the new believers at Thessalonica did in the 1st century. The focus of Paul’s teaching was the rapture. False teachers had infiltrated the church and Paul was setting the record straight! His primary message was on of encouragement that God had not destined them to wrath, but they would be saved from it. Near the end of each chapter, we find encouragement from Paul regarding the return of the Lord for His people.
Yesterday, our ship docked for a short rest and re-fueling and we will soon launch out into the deep again as we sail into 2 Thessalonians! What we find there will be fascinating. Whereas 1 Thessalonians renders of view of the rapture, 2 Thessalonians brings the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus into view. There is a difference between the rapture and the Second Coming, and we will discuss that in days to come!
So, while our ship is in port, let’s take in a different excursion…a solid, comprehensive look at exactly what’s happening in the Middle East right now! No one knows the Middle East and its happenings quite like Amir Tsarfati, a Jewish Israeli who loves Jesus and makes it his ministry to teach others about Israel and world events through the lens of Scripture. For example:
- How did the oil spill on Israel’s Mediterranean shoreline happen?
- Who launched missiles at the Israeli cargo ship in the Persian Gulf, and why?
- Who is attacking US military bases in the Middle East, and what is being done about it?
- When the American’s struck back, why were the bases they targeted empty?
- How close is Iran to a nuclear bomb?
- What famous world leader is scheduled to visit Shi’ite leaders soon?
- Who is killing the relationship with Saudi Arabia, and where are they turning in response?
Amir is the founder of Behold Israel, and here is his Middle East Update from Wednesday. Enjoy!
UPDATE: There have been additional attacks on US bases and Saudi Arabian targets. While US officials admit these are troubling developments, the Biden administration has taken no decisive actions as of the time of this writing.