Absolutely intriguing things are going on in the Middle East, as we witness several Sunni Muslim-dominated Arab states warm up to Israel in efforts to oppose the Shi’ite Iranian regime. More and more we are hearing Arab leaders and media speak out on behalf of Israel.
One example is an absolutely amazing interview of Abdullah Al-Hadlaq, a Kuwaiti writer, published by the Jerusalem Post. Here are quotes from that article:
- “Like it or not, Israel is an independent sovereign state. It exists and has a seat at the United Nations, and most peace-loving and democratic countries recognize it.”
- “The group of states that do not recognize Israel are the countries of tyranny and oppression.”
- [Regarding the alleged occupation of Palestine] “There is no occupation. There is people returning to its promised land. Are you aware that the history of the Israelites is ancient, predating Islam? Therefore, we Muslims must acknowledge that the Israelites have a right to that land.”
- “When the State of Israel was established in 1948, there was no state called ‘Palestine.'”
- “The Persian regime boasts that it has occupied four Arab capitals, and that it will soon occupy the fifth. Has Israel ever said such a thing? Has it boasted about occupying anything? Israel came to its own land, whereas the Iranian Persian entity is a plunderer.”
(You can watch the entire 6 1/2-minute interview here.)
Only 2 or 3 years ago, who would have dreamed Arabs would openly go on national TV and proclaim Israel’s sovereignty and their right to exist. No one I know would have ventured that guess. However, when we look at Scripture, it appears to fit perfectly!
You see, when the prophet Ezekiel named names in chapter 38, laying out the coalition that will invade Israel from the north, it is clear that Russia, Iran and Turkey (among others) will invade (verses 2-3, 5-6), while Saudi Arabia and their allies (Sheba and Dedan) will not directly participate in the invasion. Interestingly, following President Trump’s visit to Saudi Arabia several months ago, the Saudis have come right out to declare a degree of cooperation with Israel. They are united in the front against Iran. (Saudi Arabia is the motherland of Sunni Islam, and Iran is the motherland of Shi’ite Islam. Both consider the other “infidel,” thus the two detest one another. The Gulf Emirates side with Saudi Arabia and the West, while Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, and other terrorist groups serve as puppets for the Iranian regime.
Each passing day causes my awareness of the imminency of Christ’s return to grow more and more acute. And each day I sense a greater urgency of being about the Father’s business. My friends, our time is short. No one knows the day or hour in which Jesus will call us home (either through death or the rapture), but we are seeing the stage being set. The time is fast approaching.
“…knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
The King is coming. Are you ready?