- The IAF (Israeli Air Force) launched airstrikes on weapon caches and a weapons convoy headed from Syria to Hezbollah in Lebanon. (Friday, 3/17/17)
- The Assad regime in Syria retaliated by firing ground-to-air missiles into Israel, claiming to have shot down an Israeli jet. (In reality, all aircraft returned safely to Israel.) However, Israel’s Arrow defense system was activated for the first time, successfully intercepting a missile with trajectory that may have caused harm to Israeli citizens. Israel’s ambassador to Russia was summoned to the Kremlin to provide explanation.
- Hezbollah claimed that Syria downed an Israeli drone. Reports are unclear whether the drone was shot down, or went down on its own.
- An IDF officer confirmed that the missile shot down by the Arrow defense system was carrying a 200-kilo warhead. (Monday, 3/20/17)
- Also, Syria’s President Assad is petitioning Russia to prevent confrontation with Israel.
- Reports surfaced that Israel carried out additional attacks on a high-ranking commander in Assad’s military near the Lebanese border. The commander, Yasser al-Sayed, was killed in the drone strike.
- Israel’s Russian ambassador was summoned for the second time regarding attacks in Syria.
Tensions are definitely rising between Russia and Israel, perhaps setting the stage for the Ezekiel 38-39 invasion.
Catch Amir Tsarfati’s 4-minute commentary on the latest tensions between Israel and Russia:
Despite the signs of end time chaos, be encouraged, my friends! Our Lord God still sits on the throne. Things in our world are not falling apart…they are falling into place. The question is: are we ready? King Jesus will return soon and we must be ready!
Maranatha…Lord come quickly!