Natural gas from the gigantic Leviathan gas field in the depths of the Mediterranean Sea has reached Israel’s! It is believed that Leviathan contains over 22 trillion cubic feet of gas, and the pipeline to deliver it is fully functional. In 2016, a $10 billion deal was signed with Jordan to supply gas to the National Electric Power Company, and Egypt will begin importing Israeli gas very soon.
Find more details at Despite Pollution Fears, Gas Flow Set to Begin from Behemoth Leviathan Field
This has tremendous prophetic implications, as the oil and gas-supported economies of Russia, Turkey and Iran are collapsing. Those nations (along with others in a supporting role) are clearly identified by their ancient names listed in Ezekiel 38. That prophecy foretells a major invasion of Israel by those exact people groups, not to destroy the Jewish nation, but to capture spoil and to seize plunder, according to verse 12.
What greater motive for countries who are drowning in economic chaos than to attempt to capture and seize the greatest plunder imaginable: natural gas from Israel! Each day, it looks more and more likely that oil and gas are the “hook in the jaw” (Ezekiel 38:4) God Himself will use to draw Israel’s enemies into battle. (Read the entire chapter to see how it ends!)
Dear friends, 2020 is shaping up to be a tumultuous year on so many fronts:
- Legal entanglements for Benjamin Netanyahu in the midst of a major election in Israel.
- Legal entanglements and a whole host of other things for Donald Trump ahead of perhaps the most critical election in US history.
- Increased military cooperation between Russia, Turkey and Iran.
- New generations of military equipment on both sides of the battlefield.
- Continued chaos in Syria and Lebanon (which will serve as the “doorway” for the invasion described in Ezekiel 38).
- Increased US military involvement in Iraq and Syria, due to Iranian targeting of US bases and personnel.
- Riots in the streets of Tehran and other major Iranian cities.
- The North Korean dictator who seems to be spring-loaded and a loose canon with nuclear weapons.
- China’s push to become a world player militarily and economically.
- Not to mention horrendous weather events all around the world.
God is God and He could tarry if He wishes. However, never in the history of the world have so many signs of the last days been more clear and more “in place” than they are today.
But, believers, know this: prophecy is not meant to scare, but to prepare.
Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.~Romans 13:11
But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.~Luke 21:28
Yes, be ready! Our redemption is drawing near, and we must be about our Father’s business until Jesus comes to meet us in the clouds (rapture)!
I am working to compile many signs of the times from a Biblical point of view and will be sharing those regularly in the days and weeks ahead. Keep an eye out for details of that series!