We just finished a mini-study on the return of Jesus Christ, our Savior and soon-coming King. (If you missed it, go to posts of Thursday – Sunday, November 16-19, 2017.) Indeed, our King is coming soon.
And He was also saying to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and so it turns out. And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, ‘It will be a hot day,’ and it turns out that way. You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time?
We would be wise to analyze the present time, based on what Bible prophecy tells us about end times. So, what is there to analyze? How about these current events:
- For the second time in less than a week, the IDF fired warning shots at a Syrian outpost acting in violation of a 1974 UN ceasefire agreement. Isaiah 17:1 tells us that Damascus Syria will one day be destroyed. Whether a preemptive strike from Israel (which Israel may ultimately be forced to do) or ill-fated attacks from rogue regimes, Damascus’ very existence is tenuous these days.
- Over the past few years we have seen earthquakes and other natural disasters increase dramatically in frequency and severity. In 2014, NBC reported a worldwide surge in earthquakes. The NOAA actually mapped out every earthquake over the past 15 years. Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 24 that earthquakes would be a sign of the last days.
- On Wednesday (11/22/2017) Russian President Vladimir Putin will host Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Is it coincidence that those very nations are named prominently as leaders in the War of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38-39)? And what will they discuss? Syria! The gateway to the prophetic attack on Israel!
Throughout history there have been wars, rumors of wars and other things identified as signs of the end times. However, never in the history of the world have so many end time prophecies lined up all at once. Consider:
- Israel had to be back in their land before the end comes. (ie – Jesus could not have come during the time, prior to 1948, when Israel was not in the land.) They are back in their land!
- The northern coalition to lead the War of Gog and Magog are now coalescing. The Putin/Rouhani/Erdogan meeting this coming week is evidence of that.
- The world is rushing toward One World Religion. Christianity has all but died out in Europe and the same is happening at rapid speed in America…supposedly the most Christian nation on the planet. Fertile ground exists for the coming of the False Prophet and One World Religion.
- Climate change and the gay agenda seem to be unifying forces in gathering world leaders together for common causes. This is known as globalism. The antichrist will appear in order to rule a globalist society. The buzzword is One World Order, and it is rising.
This is only a short list. Yet, never in the history of the world have we seen what we see today…the pieces all coming together at the same time.
We don’t know the day and hour. But friends, we’re living in the season. Short of a miracle of God (which He could do!), it is hard to imagine that things will not unravel very soon. As we studied yesterday, our responsibility is to live our lives as a living invitation for others (including Jews!) to come to the fountain of Living Water.
If you are reading this and do not know Jesus Christ personally, today is the day! Jesus came the first time to die for your sins, and to raise from the grave to win the victory over death. He will come again to take you home to be with Him forever IF you belong to Him. If not…the tribulation awaits.
A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is simple:
- Recognize you are a sinner. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- Recognize that Jesus Christ died for you. God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (Romans 5:8)
- Repent of your sins. Repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. (Romans 10:9-10, Acts 3:19)
- Receive Jesus Christ into your life. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. (Revelation 3:20)
Why not surrender to Jesus and invite Him into your life.
Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and cannot save myself. I know you died for all the wrong things I have done, and I thank you for your forgiveness. I want to turn from my sins and open the doors of my heart and my life to You. Please come in and make Yourself at home in me. Thank You for coming in to be my Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me! Amen
After you’ve prayed that prayer, tell a Christian friend and seek out a good Bible-teaching church where you can be fed. God loves you and desires that you grow in His grace and knowledge. Blessings…and welcome to the family of God!
See you in our heavenly home!