For those of us yearning for something positive to come out of the conventions, here it it is! The Republican party officially stands with Israel and has officially entered that stance as a plank in the Republican platform. Praise God for that…and watch it here!
Please pray for America’s leaders…both Democratic and Republican, and for every candidate running for office. Though the Republicans have drafted a pro-Israel platform, it is yet to be known if Democrats will do so. Regardless of party planks and platform, however, our nation’s leaders must be committed to uphold them…and we don’t necessarily know that they will.
So, let’s encourage the candidates to do what Scripture commands: stand with Israel! (Genesis 12:3) The US branch of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has launched a petition campaign to encourage our Presidential candidates to:
- Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and move the US Embassy there
- Renew the ten-year Memorandum of Understanding between the US and Israel which provides aid in response to Israel’s growing security needs
- Oppose the global Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel
- Sanction Iran’s relentless actions as the world’s leading sponsor of terror
- Reject third party solutions to the Israeli – Palestinian conflict not negotiated by the two parties
It is not too late for the people of God to rise up in prayer, and it is not too late for our Glorious King, rich in mercy, to bring about revival. Will you join the effort? Please sign the petition and encourage others to do the same!
Blessings…and Shabbat Shalom!