Until election day, we are taking time on Sunday afternoons to pray for Israel and America, and for our leaders. Join with us!
Romans 13:1 tells us God puts leaders in place…and He makes no mistakes! When I consider the time and season in which we live, I am convinced Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Donald Trump were put in high positions of leadership for such a time as this.
Both men have rough edges and are not particularly popular, even with their own support base. However, it is very difficult to honestly disparage them for their accomplishments. Despite what you think of them personally, consider some of the Biblical, moral and socially sound positions they have taken:
- Both men fight vigorously for peace. Netanyahu has traveled extensively to Mediterranean nations, African nations and Far Eastern nations promoting goodwill and cooperation, offering Israel’s assistance and promoting peace in the region. Trump just brokered the most significant peace deals in over 25 years.
- Trump is perhaps the most pro-life, pro-religious freedom, pro-Israel president in American history.
- Both are fierce nationalists, battling against a global agenda that is worldwide. That globalist agenda is the forerunner of One World Order that will characterize the time of the Tribulation.
- Despite the fact there is no clear evidence that either are born-again believers in Jesus, both Trump and Netanyahu have chosen to surround themselves with strong evangelical and “religiously sound” advisors. Make no mistake…each is aware of Bible prophecy, though they may or may not place full faith in the Sovereign Lord who fulfills prophecy.
- Both are bulldogs among other world leaders who would chew up and spit out leaders lacking such strength. One can only imagine what radical strongmen such as Ayatoallah Khamenei, Recip Erdogan, Hassan Nasrallah and others will do to weak leaders in Israel and America.
It is “for such a time as this” these men are in office, yet both face the prospect of remaining in office only a few more months. Trump must win an election with everything stacked against him, and Netanyahu must overcome a unity government that will force him out, then face pending legal issues.
Never in the history of our two nations has it been more important for these men to remain in office. Not for political reasons, but for spiritual reasons. True, our trust and dependence is not in Trump and Netanyahu, but if believers wish to remain free to worship and to speak, and if we want to save the lives of the unborn, we must vote our values.
Before election day comes, though, we must pray! Given all of the above, please pray:
- Romans 13:1 – For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. If God established them, it is our responsibility to pray for them. Ask God to grant them great wisdom.
- Esther 4:14 – And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this? Pray for divine and supernatural strength to stand in the midst of overwhelming opposition.
- Proverbs 29:2 – When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when a wicked man rules, people groan. Pray that righteousness reigns as these men serve their nations. Pray God will thwart any hint of wickedness that rises up within them.
Thank you, faithful prayer warriors, for committing to pray for our leaders. Remain diligent.
Meanwhile, if you are an American Christian, it is your God-given privilege to vote, and your Chritian duty to choose leaders wisely. Failure to vote is neglect of duty. Please vote…and vote Biblical values.
Not registered to vote? Click here. In most states, you can register online. It is quick, easy, and vital to uphold our values!