The annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly commenced on Monday, with the “big hitters” beginning to take their turns at the podium.
President Trump is attending the assembly in New York City and kicked off his week with sideline meetings with at least 5 other world leaders on Monday, including Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, where talks centered on Iranian aggression.
The President also carved out time to attend the summit on climate change where Swedish teenage activist, Greta Thunberg, ramped up the emotion by spewing left-wing propaganda while holding back tears. Unfortunately, young people brainwashed by liberal ideology (and financed by globalists) are hired as pawns to deliver impassioned speeches on hot topic items such as climate change, gun control, abortion, etc. Expect to see much more of them as the US election season kicks into full gear!
Yesterday (Tuesday), President Trump addressed the UN General Assembly in a calm, firm, yet passionate manner. (Full 36-minute speech here.) He touched on many topics, with none seeming more dominate than the others. However, some of my favorite parts of his speech centered on:
- Repeated emphasis of the benefits of strong nations and borders
- Staunch defense of America’s interests, yet a willingness to extend the hand of friendship to any other nation willing to accept it
- Strong opposition to socialism as opposed to the benefits of democracy and freedom
- Affirmation of religious freedom, rights of the unborn, and dignity for all humans
He closed his speech with this exhortation to world leaders:
The most profound contribution anyone can make: lift up your nations, cherish your culture, honor your history, treasure your citizens; make your countries strong and prosperous and righteous; honor the dignity of your people, and nothing will be outside of your reach. When our nations are greater, our future will be brighter, our people will be happier, and our partnerships will be stronger.
In the days ahead, many opposing world leaders, including Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, are scheduled to address the assembly. Though I pray otherwise, if character proves true, speeches from power-hungry dictators and tyrants will sound nothing like what was heard from President Trump.
Again, what we see playing out on the world stage confirms Bible prophecy.
- Pray for clarity of mind as world leaders gather and discuss important issues.
- Pray that evil schemes will be revealed and that nations of the world will stand against those who plot to execute those schemes.
- Pray for the Lord to rip the veil of deceit globalists hide behind.
- Pray that the enemy’s use of young people as pawns for evil purposes will be thwarted.
We’re living in unprecedented times. Let’s be faithful to pray!