“Baruch haba b’shem Adonai” (Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.)
Friends, that will make no sense if you haven’t been with us this week. If you haven’t, it’s easy to catch up: just scroll back at least to yesterday (if not to Monday) to catch the discussion. You will be blessed by God’s Word!
Jesus is waiting to hear the invitation, and very soon the Jewish people will invite King Jesus back with the words above! He will arise as the Bright and Morning Star and will take His rightful place on the throne. This will usher in the Millennial Kingdom (Messianic Age), and Jesus Himself will bring to culmination all the great covenants we have discussed.
- The Abrahamic Covenant – covenant of DECISION (God decided to offer salvation to the world). Followers of Jesus, including all of Israel (Romans 11:26), will benefit from God’s decision.
- The Mosaic Covenant – covenant of INSTRUCTION. No more need for instruction, as Jesus will be in our midst and we will rule and reign with Him.
- The New Covenant – covenant of ABILITY. We will have arrived in the presence of Jesus Himself, thus no longer a need for the ability to do so!
What a glorious day when Jesus culminates them all, and the Davidic Covenant commences. But meanwhile, we (Christians) still have a part to play. As former ICEJ Executive Director Malcolm Hedding once said:
“As the Morning Star rises in our own hearts, we must pray faithfully for Israel to fulfill her destiny, the great and final purpose of God: to bring the King home!”
Believers in Jesus, let’s not sit around waiting for the Jews to “do their thing” by inviting the King home. Instead, let’s pray…let’s be watchmen on the wall…let’s be about our Father’s business!
With or without us, God is preparing to establish His Kingdom in a 2-part process:
- As the Morning Star rises in our hearts
- As Israel declares “Baruch haba b’shem Adonai” (Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.)
Pray for the Jewish people to offer that invitation soon!