Never has the study of Ezekiel 38-39 been more timely. This morning we unveiled the players in the game, and we know Iran is one of them. Friends, Iran is definitely the biggest threat to Israel right now, and is a very significant threat to America.
During the Obama administration, Iran came out on the winning side of the Iranian nuclear deal, as they conned a naïve (or evil) American administration into trusting them to cease production of nuclear material. They never did, and on top of it all, America seeded billions of dollars in cash to the terrorist operations run by the Iranian regime.
Donald Trump was a “surprise” winner in the 2016 election and Iran knew very little of what was in store for them. After verifying Iran’s blatant disregard of their commitment to the nuclear deal, President Trump removed the US from the deal in May 2018, then leveled the most drastic sanctions ever on Iran, bringing them to their knees economically. Thus, they had plenty of motivation to interfere in America’s elections in 2020. (New evidence is coming out regarding Iran’s interference, and even manipulation of votes. Not enough confirmed evidence to post a reference, but I’m keeping an eye on it.)
Meanwhile, in less than a month’s time in office, the Biden administration has:
- Conducted “non-official” meetings with Iranian officials (even before Biden took office), strongly indicating a return to the nuclear agreement.
- Turned a blind eye and gave cursory approval of Iran’s expanded terror infrastructure.
- Hinted at making reparations due to the economic damage done by the Trump administration.
- Failed to contact Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, despite carrying on conversations with Palestinian Authority leadership and committing to reopen the Palestinian consulate in Washington DC.
- Named John Kerry (America’s primary negotiator of the Iran deal) to a special advisory post in the administration. (His position is as advisor on climate control, but he is suspected of being involved in communication with Iran prior to Biden’s inauguration.)
- Cut off aid to American allies, Saudi Arabia and UAE, who stand with the US against Iran.
- Revoked the terrorist designation for Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen. (This also spells bad news for the Saudis, as it gives the Houthis free reign to target Saudi Arabia.)
Given Biden’s friendly demeanor toward Iran, the Ayatollah tweeted this on Sunday:
Also on Sunday morning, despite the fact the IAEA has found Iran in serious violation of the JCPOA, Khamenei had this to say during a meeting with Iranian Air Force pilots:
“For a very short time after the deal they temporarily lifted some of the sanctions, but then they turned around again and even increased sanctions. …So they have no right to set conditions on this. The side that has the right to set conditions on JCPOA’s continuation is Iran because Iran fulfilled all its commitments from the beginning. …If they want Iran to return to its JCPOA commitments, the US must completely lift sanctions. And not just verbally on the paper. They must revoke the sanctions in action and we will verify it.”~Ayatollah Khamenei, 2/7/2021 Aljazeera
Stage setting for Ezekiel 38 is in fast mode, and the Biden administration is not simply naïve, but complicit with the ambitions of the rogue Iranian regime. Soon, Israel will be forced to take action in order to stave off a nuclear attack.
Should we lose hope as believers? Absolutely not! King Jesus has not left His throne! In fact, Jesus’s next move might just be to fulfill His promises in Ezekiel 38-39! If you are not following along with the Bible study, I invite you to do so. We will talk about those promises very soon!
Meanwhile, be encouraged, friends! Never has any generation seen the fulfillment of prophecy any more than this generation. Jesus is coming for us! We don’t know the day and the hour, but we are living in the season, seeing the signs that point to the tribulation. Praise God, He saves us from that wrath and will take us home to be with Him forever and ever! Do not lose heart! (John 14:1-3)