The tour rolls on!
In case you’re wondering, the tour is called Decision America Tour, led by Franklin Graham, and the objective is to stop in every state capital city in the US to encourage Americans across the land to live out their faith at home, in public and at the ballot box. In the midst of an election year that may be the most crucial in American history, what better time for Christ followers to bow at the throne of grace in repentance for our country and petition Him for a great awakening.
Today and tomorrow the tour will be in Denver CO and Santa Fe NM. If you are in those areas, why not attend. (Click the link above for information.) For the rest of us, let’s join multitudes across the nation in prayer for these two states.
Tuesday, March 15, 2016: Denver CO
- Only 35% of Coloradans read the Bible.
- The view from Pikes Peak inspired Katharine Lee Bates to write “America the Beautiful…God shed His grace on thee!”
- Colorado was one of the first states to legalize recreational marijuana.
“In the Name above all Names, Lord Jesus, we ask that You shed Your grace on Colorado! In a land of beauty, where Your creation is on display, we pray that the people of Colorado will open up Your Word to find Your mercy and forgiveness. So many are looking for answers in so many places, including drugs and other harmful things. Lord Jesus, will You turn their hearts to You? Please draw Christians to the polls to vote in Colorado, and prepare their minds even now to vote according to sound, Biblical principles. Lord, we desire that You would rule and reign in our nation and in our hearts. Please let the spark ignite in Colorado.”
Wednesday, March 16, 2016: Santa Fe NM
- New Mexico is ranked the second most violent state in the nation.
- The state is known as “the late-term abortion capital of the nation,” performing the most abortions post-20 weeks’ gestation. It also has the least restrictive abortion laws of any state.
- There are 22 Native American tribes in New Mexico and more than 10 percent of the country’s Native American population resides in this state.
“Dear Lord of Heaven’s Armies, please go to battle in New Mexico. Father, invade that place with You love and defeat violence with goodness. Violence on the street is bad enough, but Lord God, violence in the womb is unbearable. The voices of unborn babies are crying out to You for mercy, and how it must tug at Your heart. Creator God, You created those precious ones in their mothers’ wombs and we pray that the terror against the unborn will cease in New Mexico and elsewhere. Father, open the eyes of lawmakers, citizens, and those contemplating abortion to realize that every life is a precious gift. We pray also for the Native American population in New Mexico, as they have their own societal challenges. May they see the God of Creation and turn to Him. May a mighty revival break out within the tribes. Bless the state of New Mexico, Lord, and may our Christian brothers and sisters there show up to the polls and vote their values.”