Re-cap of Amir Tsarfati at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills

Hi friends!  For those who missed Amir Tsarfati’s appearance live online at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, I want to provide a brief re-cap.  Amir taught The Beginning of the End during Sunday morning’s service, and you can listen to that teaching here.  (He taught the same message on August 8, 2014 at Grace Chapel, Franklin TN and you can watch it here.)  It’s a powerful message, very well worth the time.

The sessions last night and tonight were “sit down” discussions with Pastor Jack Hibbs at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills.  While I enjoy Pastor Jack’s teaching, I found myself wishing he would allow Amir more time to talk during the discussion.  Despite that, there were good exchanges regarding the history of the nation of Israel and the illegitimate use of the term “Palestine” on Sunday night.  Tonight’s discussion focused on present events in the Middle East, as well as future events prophesied in Scripture.

I want to focus on two things from tonight’s discussion.  The first is the need to keep our eyes on Syria.  Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49 both contain prophecies regarding the destruction of Damascus Syria.  Though Scripture doesn’t tell us exactly when or how the destruction will take place, we know that it will be devastating, and we know that current events in Syria could easily lead to such destruction.

Not only is violence rampant in Syria right now, but Damascus is sitting on a powder keg.  Perhaps you recall the negotiations that resulted in Syrian President Bashar al-Assad agreeing to turn over all chemical weapons that he was using against his own citizens.  The reality is that no more than 40% of those weapons were truly turned over and destroyed.  al-Assad retains control over the other 60% or so.

However, beyond that….do you recall the weapons of mass destruction that caused America to go into Iraq?  Indeed, Israeli intelligence (as well as others) confirmed huge caravans carrying those weapons out of Iraq (though it was conveniently ignored, and even denied, by political opponents).  Where do you suppose those weapons ended up?  If you said Damascus Syria, you are exactly right!  Nuclear material lies buried beneath Damascus!  The total destruction of Damascus may not even require massive attacks by an enemy.  It could happen simply by something setting off that nuclear material!

With all that is going on in and around Syria, we are indeed wise to keep an eye on Syria.  Bible prophecy could be fulfilled right before our very eyes.

The second thing I want to focus on closely coincides with the very purpose of this blog.  We are living in the last days and the Bible tells us to be awake (1 Thessalonians 5:6), be alert (Mark 13:35-37), be ready (Mathew 24:44), and to preach the gospel (Mark 16:15).  As believers knowing that Jesus’s return is at hand, it is our responsibility to share the love of Christ with the lost, and to exhort other believers to be ready for His coming.

Amir reminds us that we all have a very generous supply of “God pills” (gospel), and that we are to distribute them!  We are to spread the gospel!  Whether or not others swallow the pills is up to them, but we have the remedy for eternal separation from Christ and we must share it!

Time is short, believers!  We must examine our own lives, remain ready for His coming, and use our time wisely in sharing Christ’s love with others.  As we continue looking for the Blessed Hope, let’s see how many we can get to join us!

2 thoughts on “Re-cap of Amir Tsarfati at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills

  1. Gloria Hall says:

    There is wisdom in the multitude of council. We as Americans need to hear this important message.
    May we be a witness to bring many to understand the importance of Salvation. And may we keep our selfs pure, with oil lamps full.” For our Redeemer draws ever so near!

    “For blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God”.

    In His Service
    Psalm 119:63 I am a companion to ally those who fear you and to those who keep your precepts.
    Gloria Hall

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s