In recent years, over 120,000 Ethiopian Jews have made aliyah (return to the Jewish homeland, Israel). As you can imagine, the cultural adjustment from third world conditions to one of the most high-tech countries on earth is mountainous. Yet, there are 8,700 Ethiopian Jews yearning for the opportunity to “come home.”
The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has played a huge role in not only chartering flights on which Ethiopian Jews have returned, but also providing resources to help them assimilate. Now, they are on a mission to bring home the final 8,700!
To that end, ICEJ has produced a documentary entitled Journey of Dreams, and is making it available to those who contribute at least $50 USD toward the effort to bring them home. Here is a trailer of the documentary:
Want to be a part of fulfilling prophecy? (Ezekiel 11:17, Ezekiel 36:24) Help the remaining Ethiopian Jews come home!
Order Journey of Dreams here!
Just a few days ago we focused on aliyah (return to the homeland) of Ethiopian Jews. Today, I want to share the latest edition of Word from Jerusalem from the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, as this issue showcases the desire of Ethiopian Jews to reach Israel.
In it, you will find:
- First Fruits of the Great Aliyah – Dr Jurgen Buhler’s feature article explains why the manifestation of first fruits in this modern-day aliyah points to a plentiful harvest
- Journey of Dreams – the story of Ethiopian aliyah
- Aliyah from Russia – why over 1,000,000 Russian Jews have returned to Israel
- Instability on Israel’s Borders – reports from Israel’s northern and southern borders, as well as the conflict with Iran
- How have the Jewish People Survived Against All Odds? – an answer to the question!
Read those and other interesting articles here:
At times we think only of European, Russian or even Ethiopian Jews when we think of aliyah (Jewish return to the homeland, Israel). But did you know Americans and Canadians are also making aliyah in significant numbers?
Here is a report from CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network):