Dear believers, how I appreciate Thanksgiving weekend and the opportunity this one brought to set aside time to study, to pray and to seek truth from the Lord! While doing that this past weekend, one thing echoed over and over in my mind and in my spirit: the battle we face in America today is not a political one, but a spiritual one!
There is undoubtedly a political battle raging, and I am a firm believer in making our voices known. God blessed us with a representative form of government, which means we have a say in things, and our representatives at every level are there for the express purpose of representing us! That’s why our Constitution begins with these words: “We the people…”
For that reason, this past Saturday, you were encouraged not only to pray, but to contact your representatives, asking them not to certify the election until it is clear who the garnered the most legal votes in each state. (If you have not done so, please do! In Arizona, here is an even easier way to do so.)
It is important to be involved. But, while being involved, we must understand this is a spiritual battle!
If you are unable to discern the globalist agenda at play in our world today, you are either uninformed or choose to deny it. The biggest obstacle standing in their way at the moment is the United States of America! Within that obstacle is President Trump, who has chosen to put America first. He is a nationalist, not a globalist.
But, hidden within that obstacle are the prayers and support of millions of American Christians who have awakened to the fact that our nation is on the brink of tumbling from its Judeo-Christian values, which will lead to the onslaught of globalist ideology. In a nutshell:
- Christians are praying for Biblical ideals (life of the unborn, religious freedom, standing for Israel, law and order, etc) upheld by President Trump.
- President Trump is upholding those ideals in the interest of America.
- America stands as the last remaining stronghold against the globalist agenda.
- The globalist agenda represents all the Antichrist stands for and is waiting to implement.
- Thus, the prayers of Christians are serving as the restraining power against the wiles of the Antichrist!
From what basis can that be said? Great question!
Please stop here and read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, paying particular attention to verse 7. Then, let’s move into “study guide” mode:
- Summarize verses 1-5.
- What is the general theme of those verses?
- Who is the “man of lawlessness/son of destruction?”
- According to verse 4, what is his character?
- Consider verses 6-10:
- Why isn’t the lawless one already revealed?
- According to verse 7, lawlessness is already at work, yet the one behind that lawlessness has yet to be revealed. Do you agree with that statement? Why or why not?
- Verse 9 indicates the lawless one comes in accord with the activity of Satan. Do you believe the lawless one is the Antichrist, who indeed comes as Satan’s minion?
- Verse 7 also mentions “He” who restrains the lawless one. If the lawless one is the Antichrist, who do you believe “He” is that restrains? (Hint: “He” is capitalized!)
- Would you agree “He” is the Holy Spirit who restrains the Antichrist right now?
- Now, read 1 Corinthians 16:17, 19.
- As a believer, according to verse 17, are you one in Spirit with God?
- According to verse 19, where does the Holy Spirit dwell today?
Christian friends, do you see it? We embody the restraining power of the Holy Spirit! We stand in the gap between righteousness and the lawless one! The lawless one will be revealed during the Tribulation, and the blatant lawlessness we see today leads us to believe those days are upon us. (As believers, we will be raptured before then, so be at peace!)
We have been called and appointed by God the Father for such a time as this, my friends! Until Jesus comes, we are to occupy…do His business! (Luke 19:12-13)
We are not fighting flesh and blood, but against rulers, powers and forces of darkness! (Ephesians 6:12)
That, dear friends, is why this is a spiritual battle, not a political one!
PS: Come back this afternoon to discover specifics about the election chaos, and the basis of why we pray for righteousness in this election.