Hi friends! In May, the US moved its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem. However, if you are a Christian, did you know YOU have an embassy in Jerusalem, and that it was the only embassy in Jerusalem for many years prior to America moving their embassy there?
Indeed, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has been representing Christians from around the world to Israel since 1980, with Biblical purposes of providing comfort and blessing to Israel (Isaiah 40:1, Genesis 12:3), as well as proclaiming God’s steadfast plan to fulfill His promises to restore the Jewish people to their land and to relationship with God (Ezekiel 36:24-28). They are the “hands and feet” of all of us who love Israel and wish to bless her!
Over the years, the ICEJ has worked tirelessly:
- Providing care and a place to live to Holocaust survivors (Haifa Home for Holocaust Survivors)
- Providing dozens of portable bomb shelters to cities along the Gaza border
- Donating several fire-fighting vehicles to battle the arson fires set by incendiary balloons and other devices from the Gaza Strip
- Outfitting IDF and police units with body armor
- Sponsoring numerous plane loads of Jews making aliyah (returning to the homeland)
- Teaching and speaking all over the world, emphasizing the importance of understanding Israel’s place in God’s plan
- Hosting an annual Feast of Tabernacles celebration where Christians from around the world come to Jerusalem to worship the King of Kings, and to share their love with Israeli citizens
- Hosting tours for pastors and for young people, designed to encourage leaders and young people to spread the truth about Israel
- Providing Passover meals and other food to those living in poverty in Israel
- Providing basic needs, loving, and caring for orphans, children and at-risk youth
- …many other humanitarian and educational initiatives
The ICEJ has been praised by the Israeli government, other NGOs, and the people they serve. Recently, The Jerusalem Post published a glowing article touting the efforts of the ICEJ. (Find it here.)
If you are a Christian who loves Israel and desires to obey the Biblical command to bless Israel, I encourage you to learn more about the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem and consider partnering with them in prayer and/or financially. You will be blessed!
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.