Hi friends! Jump on board and buckle up! I’m your tour host and we’re about to tour the land of the Bible!
As we continue to register guests for our 2023 EXPERIENCE ISRAEL TOUR, you are invited to journey with us through a virtual tour of many of the sights we will see on our actual tour. We’ll begin with a 30,000′ view of Israel and Jerusalem, mapped out to follow a previous itinerary. There will be some minor tweaks on our 2023 tour, but this virtual tour will give you a great overview!
As you view the map of Israel, take notice of several things:
- The golden-colored portion of the map is “undisputed Israel.”
- The Golan Heights is a critically important buffer, technically belonging to Israel, but disputed by Syria. As the name implies, it is “high ground,” which makes it important for Israel to control, preventing enemies from “firing downhill” into the Galilee area.
- The bean-shaped West Bank is known Biblically as Judea and Samaria. You will undoubtedly recognize the names of some of the cities within Judea and Samaria, and we will spend some time there on our tour.
- The small, but problematic, Gaza Strip lies at the southern end of Israel’s Mediterranean Coast. Gaza is ruled by Hamas and, at times, launches rockets into neighboring cities. Our tour does not go into the Gaza Strip.
- The city of Jerusalem is surrounded on three sides by the West Bank. Thus, it is no wonder Palestinians incorrectly claim Jerusalem as their own.
Keep the maps handy to help you follow along on our virtual tour. For the next several days we’ll share new tour sites, along with study guides to boost your knowledge and understanding of the significance of each!
It is my prayer you are blessed by our virtual tour. However, I also encourage you to consider going with us on the “field trip” to Israel in February 2023! You will find plenty of information on our 2023 EXPERIENCE ISRAEL TOUR page. If you have specific questions or need further information, please contact us at Looking4theBlessedHope@gmail.com.