What is happening in America and the world is not shocking to those who know their Bibles. The speed at which things are happening may be startling, but certainly not the events. Time after time, Scripture warns, then demonstrates, what happens when the created attempts to usurp the Creator. It never ends well.
- It began in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve bought Satan’s lie that they could be like God, knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:1-7)
- The Israelites “did what was right in their own eyes” rather than following the commands of God. (Judges 17:5-6, Judges 21:25)
- The Jewish people built altars and worshipped idols instead of their God, and were taken into Babylonian captivity. (Many places, including Daniel 1:1-2, Jeremiah 29:4)
There are dozens more Scriptural examples, but what about today? The Bible warns our generation as well!
2 Timothy 3:1-5 is a stark description of today’s society. Lovers of self, money and pleasure; pride, disregard for authority and lack of self-control; hatred, unforgiveness and selfishness. Paul, the writer of this passage, says perilous times will characterize the last days. We are living in those days!
Romans 1 also highlights behavior we clearly see today. Please stop right here and read Romans 1:18-32.
Verses 22-23 are key:
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
According to the verses that follow, three things happen when the glory of God becomes manlike. (ie – when the created usurps the Creator):
- God gives them up to uncleanness. (verses 24-25) Lust leads to dishonoring of our bodies and the truth of God is exchanged for a lie. Truth (our bodies are the temple of God – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20), is exchanged for a lie (“my body, my choice…I can do whatever I want with my body.”)
- God gives them up to vile passions. (verses 26-27) Men and women exchange what is natural for what is unnatural…men engage in passion with men and women with women. They burn in lust, commit what is shameful and reap the consequences of it.
- God gives them over to debased minds. (verses 28-32) Unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness and maliciousness result; and that is followed by envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness, backbiting, hatred of God, violence, pride, boasting, inventing of evil things, disobedience to parents, lack of discernment, lack of trustworthiness, lack of love, lack of forgiveness and lack of mercy.
Friends, that is our world today…unclean, vile and debased! As an example, “the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has just proposed a rule that would force insurers to cover “gender transition” procedures such as cross-sex hormones, puberty blockers, and sex reassignment surgery.” (Quoted from the Family Research Council)
Christians cannot sit idly by and remain faithful to Jesus’ command for us to “do business” until He returns! (Luke 19:11-13) What can you do?
- Speak up! For example, as a US citizen, you have the right to comment on the Department of Health and Human Services’ plan to force insurance companies from paying for “gender transition” and other immoral procedures. Click here for an easy way to do that.
- Speak up! Don’t shy away from dialogue with others. The globalist agenda is pushed every single day via mainstream and social media. Use your mouth and your platforms to speak the truth in love! If Christians won’t speak Biblical truth, who will? If we don’t, we have no room to complain about evil agendas that are forced upon us.
- Speak upward….PRAY! We serve the God of the universe who holds it all in His hands. Bible prophecy WILL NOT change because we ask God to change it. God is not bound by time and He has already seen what will happen. Outside of time (in His realm) prophecy has already happened. It is recorded in Scripture as His way of letting us in on His vision! However, pray for protection of those you know and love. Bible prophecy tells us that evil is coming for us all, and our only fortress is in Jesus Christ!
- Speak outward…share the truth of God’s Word. In the end, this world will pass away and God will create a new heaven and new earth, but only those who KNOW HIM will enjoy it. Those who do not know Him will perish in a place meant for Satan and his demons. That place is hell, and it is real. Believers, we have the “pill” that cures the illness of sin. It is the “God’s pill”…the Gospel! There is no mandate…you have to be willing to share it. Let’s go do it!