According to multiple sources, including First Liberty, who is defending SEALs’ rights, the US Department of Defense is threatening one of America’s most elite fighting units with “punishment, involuntary separation or even court-martial” because they are seeking legal religious accommodation to the vaccine mandate. (Source: First Liberty)
Despite the fact that requesting such accommodation is legal in both federal and military law, the DoD is prohibiting unvaccinated SEALs and their families from traveling, and threatening jail time and even repayment to the military of their training costs as SEALs. Here is more:
This is nothing but tyrannical, dictatorial, vindictive and, frankly….stupid! It seems clear the administration would rather totally cripple America’s defenses than back down on a mandate they have now doubled and tripled down on. While the medical infrastructure gets filthy rich off the American government by keeping this madness alive, the American people suffer financially, vocationally, emotionally and in many other ways.
But none more so than the brave military men and women who have dedicated their lives to protecting the very things this government is determined to destroy!
- If Christians in America took a stand, we would be a strong force.
- If we followed the admonition God gave to the Jewish people in 2 Chronicles 7:14 (humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, turn from wicked ways), God’s power would be unleashed.
- If God’s power was unleashed, America would once again stand strong.
- If America was strong, our allies would also be strong.
- If America and our allies were strong, Israel would not stand alone.
Bible prophecy tells us that, one day, Israel will stand alone. That is coming and there is no need to pray against it happening! However, it doesn’t need to happen now! It will happen when Christians abandon their faith and cease to stand on God’s Word.
Are we there? Maybe…maybe not. Regardless, we are to occupy till He returns! (Luke 19:12-13)
How do we do that, and what, specifically, can we do? Here are some thoughts…perhaps you have others:
- Humble ourselves, pray, seek His face and turn from wickedness! That’s straight from God’s Word, so we know we’re on track there. But how faithful are we to that? Be a faithful occupier!!!
- Get into God’s Word. If we don’t know what to do to fight evil, why are we not searching the Scriptures day and night?
- Get off the sidelines and into the game! (ie – Don’t just visit the websites…get involved!)
- Go to FirstLiberty.com to find out more about this particular atrocity, and help their cause, if you are able. (They are defending other causes as well.)
- Go to Family Research Council to stay abreast of issues pertaining to life and dignity; marriage, family and sexuality; religious liberty; and civil issues important to us.
- Contact your elected officials! While this seems unimportant, every elected official knows exactly how many constituents are represented when they hear from one! Do it, even if you know your opinion will not change their mind!
- Show up at school board meetings, county commission meetings, city council meetings and other local governmental meetings. This is where the rubber of our every day lives meets the road! Be peaceful and represent your Christian values, but don’t be shy about speaking the truth firmly. Yes, you may get push back, but God’s Word doesn’t promise an easy life…it promises that He will be with us, even in the difficulties.
- Finally, DON’T LOSE HOPE! Our Lord, the Blessed Hope, is returning for us soon. May He find us busy doing His Father’s business!