American weakness continues to be on display as the Middle East cauldron rises to a boil. Ultimately, the US will pay a heavy price, and will cease to be a major player on the world stage…just as Scripture seems to indicate. America is nowhere to be found in Biblical end times prophecy. Could it be that we are seeing that slide into irrelevancy today?
Trust God’s Word, dear friends! We know how it ends, and we know our Redeemer lives. Lift up your heads, for our redemption draws near. (Luke 21:28)
Here is a taste of what’s happening in the Middle East:
- The Taliban is taking over Afghanistan. Once US troops bugged out of Bagram Airfield, it didn’t take long for the Taliban to move in. They are now taking over cities and territories within Afghanistan. Below, you see abandoned American vehicles and military equipment left at Bagram, as well as a Taliban flag waving over the border crossing between Afghanistan and Tajikistan. (See additional photos here.)
- The Iranian regime is killing their own citizens protesting lack of water in Khuzestan province.
- The Afghani people are fleeing to Turkey and elsewhere in attempts to survive the Taliban.
- A female Sunni militant set off a suicide bomb in Al Sadr, a Shiite city in Iraq. At least 30 were killed.
- As a result of Israel’s attack on Syria, Hezbollah rockets from Lebanon were launched toward Israel, but thwarted. No casualties, no damage.
- The Iranian Revolutionary Guard arrived in droves to Ahwaz to suppress demonstrations over severe water shortages. Again, Iranian security used live ammunition on protesters (their own citizens). Several are reported dead or injured.
32 Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”~John 16:32-33