And He was also saying to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and so it turns out. And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, ‘It will be a hot day,’ and it turns out that way. You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time?
Friends, consider our world today. In fact, let’s narrow it down…consider the Christian population. Are we like the crowd Jesus addressed in the passage above? Do we know a lot of “stuff,” yet fail to know and understand the times in which we live?
It is certainly my desire that we as believers and followers of Jesus Christ would be acutely aware of the season in which we live. The Bible tells us that Jesus is coming back to take us to be with Him forever, and we must be ready! The stage is set and the time is near.
Please join us for Understanding the Times, a 4-week study where we will answer these questions from a Biblical perspective (so bring your Bibles!):
- Why does this matter?
- Understanding the past – what “set us up” for what we see today?
- Understanding the present – is it possible to make sense of today’s nonsense?
- Understanding the future – what lies ahead?
This series will begin the Sunday following Resurrection weekend and will last 4 weeks. Here’s everything you need to know:
- What: Understanding the Times – a 4-week Bible study
- When: 8:00 am Sunday mornings: April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19
- Where: Calvary PHX, Central Campus, Room 209 (southwest corner of campus)
For directions and more information, click here. The Bible teaches that every believer should know and understand the time and season in which we live. This is an opportunity to do just that!
Please share this and spread the word. See you on April 28!