Thanks for taking a seat at the virtual study table! I’m glad you’re here. We have just entered week 4 of Why Israel Matters, and we’re talking about “Beyond the Horizon”…what happens next, once believers are taken out of this world via the rapture. We have established the fact that Revelation 17-18 describe “Mystery Babylon,” represented by evil religious and governmental systems led by the false prophet and the Antichrist.
So, once Christians have departed, what will it take to bring about One World Religion? Three things:
- A deceived population searching for a “feel good” message. (ie – “Don’t offend me! Be tolerant!”)
- A charismatic leader with a strategy.
- A unifying cause that will draw people together.
Some look at the “three great religions” (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) and wonder if one will emerge as the One World Religion. Not likely! Islam is not exactly a “feel good” message, Judaism is not looking to recruit, and the world will be almost void of Christianity at the beginning of the tribulation.
But there IS a “universal religion” with a charismatic leader and a strategy: the Roman Catholic Church. “Catholic” actually means “universal,” and it is a religion capable of filling the false religion part of “Mystery Babylon.” (Stick with me and I’ll give you examples.)
What is the strategy?
- Strategy #1: Draw everyone in by promoting “tolerance” and “relativism.” (What’s right for you might not be right for me.) Galatians 1:8-9 says that anyone who preaches a different Gospel (false teaching) is to be accursed.
- Strategy #2: Unite all religions and belief systems in an “interfaith movement.”
Pope John Paul – 12/6/2000 Vatican website:
“All the just of the earth, including those who do not know Christ and his Church, who, under the influence of grace, seek God with a sincere heart, are thus called to build the kingdom of God.”
Pope Frances – 5/22/2013 Vatican radio:
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!…Even the atheists. Everyone!”
There are attempts to unite all churches and all belief systems. Faith in Jesus is not necessary. Likewise, churches (even evangelical ones!) are dropping “doctrine” in favor of “feel good” messages and worldly ideas. (Grace Episcopal Cathedral in San Francisco has even turned its sanctuary into a yoga studio to “bring good energy!”) Many are “buying into” the interfaith movement.
- Strategy #3: Deny the authority of Scripture and adopt Darwinian evolution.
Pope Frances – 10/28/2014 Pontifical Academy of Sciences
“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand and able to do everything. But that is not so. God is not a divine being or a magician, but the creator who brought everything to life. Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”
- Strategy #4: Accept radical Islam and welcome them into this One World Religion.
Pope Frances – 1/15/15 Washington Post, responding to condemnation of the Paris Hedbo terrorist attack:
“You cannot insult the faith of others…when someone comes and says bad things about my mother, I would smack him also!”
Terrorist acts are a bit more than a “smack!” Rather than condemn the deaths of 12 innocent people, the pope legitimized the actions of terrorists.
- Strategy #5: Lead efforts to develop One World Government by keeping “unifying causes” in the news! And, what are some of those unifying causes?
- LGBT agenda. March 10, 2014 Washington Post headline: “Pope says Catholic church should not Dismiss Gay Marriage.” Meanwhile, gay parishioners are flocking to the Vatican.
- Climate change. NASA and other governmental entities have enlisted the pope’s endorsement of the climate change “message.”
- Other liberal agendas……
One World Religion is the precursor to One World Government, and we see the stage being set even now. In fact, in the early-1990’s, Pope John Paul II said:
“By the end of this decade we will live under the first One World Government that has ever existed in the society of nations…a government with absolute authority to decide the basic issues of human survival. One world government is inevitable.”
Praise God his prediction has not yet been fully realized. However, we see the signs. “Mystery Babylon” is definitely emerging, and that’s what we’ll discuss in more depth tomorrow, so stick with us! See you then!