Hi friends! It’s first Wednesday…which means time to join prayer warriors from all over the globe as we obey the Lord’s command to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122). The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem provides the framework in which to join us all together in one accord as we pray. It is called the Isaiah 62 Prayer Initiative, and I hope you’ll be part of the worldwide effort today!
If you are new to this prayer initiative, we use the 12 verses of Isaiah 62 to guide us in prayer…one specific verse for each month of the year. October is the 10th month, so we’ll focus on verse 10 of Isaiah 62:
Go through, go through the gates;
prepare the way for the people;
build up, build up the highway;
clear it of stones;
lift up a signal over the peoples.
From ICEJ’s prayer guide, I offer these prayer tips:
- PRAISE Him that He includes us in His glorious plan for Israel. Praise Him for the work He will do both in us and for Jerusalem.
- PROCLAIM His Word by reciting Isaiah 62:10.
- PETITION the Lord a clear path in which God’s promises will move.
- PONDER: There is work for the watchmen to do. The prayers, attitudes and actions of the watchmen help create a thoroughfare for God’s promises to freely move. There are gates to go through, a way to be prepared, a highway to build, stones to take out and a banner to be lifted up. For the Christian this work involves removing the crushing stone of 2000 years of antisemitism. We must earn a right to our voice, we must recognize and rectify the harm that has been done in the name of Christ, and we must demonstrate the true face of Jesus the Messiah to the Jewish people. Israel must know that there is a people who will sacrifice for them – us. Lord, we pray that we are worthy of this work.
- PRAY using the current prayer points provided on the Isaiah 62 Prayer Initiative webpage. (Click on “Current Prayer Guide”)
There are groups all over the world meeting together for prayer today, so I urge you to find a group near you and join with others in prayer. (Check out the website to find groups near you.) As always, if you happen to be in the Phoenix area, I encourage you to join us at Calvary Community Church – Central Campus at 6:00pm tonight for a 45 minute time of prayer.
This is a VERY tangible way to bless Israel…and you want to be on the right side of the blessings/curses equation of God!
I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.