Seventy-seven years ago on October 24, 1945, the United Nations was established with a simply-stated mission: prevent another world war like the one they had just lived through (WW2). Four clearly stated purposes of the charter in 1945 were:
- Maintain international security and peace,
- Develop friendly relations among nations,
- Achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and
- Be a centre [sic] for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.
Yet, the idiocy and hypocrisy of the UN has consistently yielded rotten fruit since its inception. Need examples? Here are a few:
- One country in the UN has more resolutions filed against them year-after-year than all other nations combined. Who is that nation? Israel. While human rights violations happen like clockwork in countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran and China, it is Israel who racks up sanctions. Here is data from 2006-2020:
- The UN Human Rights Council was created to oversee human rights and provide humanitarian aid to refugees around the world. Yet, because of the Palestinian claim of Israeli oppression, the United Nations created a special agency solely for Palestinians. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees sucks money from other UN sources (weakening the original Human Rights agency’s ability to help others), while pouring those funds into weapons and terrorist activity in the Gaza Strip. Yet, the UN does nothing when Hamas launches rockets into Israel from UNRWA-funded schools, hospitals and mosques.
- But here is a fresh example of the idiocy of the UN. Russia is pounding the daylights out of Ukraine with missiles galore and threats of nuclear warheads. Literally thousands of war crimes have been committed, yet the UN does virtually nothing. Why doesn’t the UN expel them? Because this is the insane process:
Expelling unruly members of the UN:
- The General Assembly may expel a member from the United Nations.
- But a Security Council vote to expel a member of the United Nations is required before the General Assembly can vote on it.
- That preliminary council vote requires the unanimous consent of its permanent members.
- Russia is a permanent member.
- Russia will exercise its veto to prevent the General Assembly from having the opportunity to vote on its own expulsion.
Finally, it has been abundantly clear for quite some time the UN (United Nothing!?!) is in lockstep with the globalist agenda, and they are proving their case with an emphasis on sustainable development goals for 2030, and agreement by a majority of members for climate action to limit global warming. Pray tell…what does that have to do with preventing another world war? Oh, wait…you mean they are facilitating it!?!
Believers, the bottom line is this: some trust in horses, some trust in chariots, but we trust in the Name of the Lord our God! (Psalm 20:7) If we think the UN or governments or a fantastic world leader will save us, our trust is misplaced. This world is going crazy, and it is turning on itself. Chaos and lawlessness will ensue, just as Scripture tells us. (See 2 Thessalonians 2 and 2 Timothy 3 for examples.)
Let’s get into God’s Word, dear friends. As times get difficult, our Rock and our Foundation is found in the Word of God.