Today (August 30, 2021), dozens of retired Generals and Admirals are calling for the resignations of Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Joint Chief of Staff, General Mark Milley, the top two military advisors to the Biden administration.
In a scathing letter, based on “negligence in performing their duties primarily involving events surrounding the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan,” the Generals and Admirals cite these reasons for demanding resignations from Austin and Milley:
- Leaving an estimated 15,000 Americans and 25,000 Afghans who assisted the US military in Afghanistan following the hasty evacuation.
- Failing to advise against the ill-fated withdrawal.
- Abandonment of billions of dollars worth of US military equipment.
- Failing to provide safe evacuation routes for American and Afghan citizens eligible for evacuation to the US.
- The torture and death of Afghanis.
- Damage to the reputation of the United States.
- Emboldening our enemies.
- Promoting “wokeness” above military training and readiness.
The letter ends with these words:
“For these reasons we call on the SECDEF Austin and the CJCS General Milley to resign. A fundamental principle in the military is holding those in charge responsible and accountable for their actions or inactions. There must be accountability at all levels for this tragic and avoidable debacle.”
To read more, and to see the letter, along with its signatories, click here:
Why not join the chorus? Write your Senators and Representative, asking them to call for these resignations as well. Contact your Elected Officials. The more quickly our elected officials understand “We the people,” the more quickly we will begin to see accountability. Speak up…our legitimate Generals and Admirals are leading the charge!