Unless you are totally news-free, you have likely heard about the upheaval in Georgia following passage of much needed election reform law. The liberal left has packed media outlets with lies, and Major League Baseball has pulled the All-Star Game from Atlanta, citing “discrimination” in the new law.
Well, let’s cut through the lies and get to the truth of the new Georgia law:
- It DOES NOT discourage or suppress voting. It actually expands access to voting, while putting measures in place to maintain integrity.
- It DOES NOT eliminate early voting on Sundays…which the left has somehow deemed discriminatory. It actually standardizes voting days for all precincts…again expanding the opportunity to vote (but with integrity).
- It DOES NOT suppress vote with onerous voter ID requirements. 97% already have ID’s and obtaining one is easy and free.
- It DOES NOT eliminate voter drop boxes…it actually expands them to all counties, giving everyone (not just “underprivileged” areas) access.
- It DOES NOT allow Republicans to throw out votes they don’t like.
- It DOES NOT ban drinking water from those standing in voting lines.
Find out more in Myth vs Fact: The Georgia Election Law
To make matters worse, a day later, MLB announced an expanded deal with a Chinese company that opposes pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong and supports discriminatory actions against Uyghur Muslims. (See MLB Expanded Deal with CCP-Tied Chinese Company a Day after Boycotting Georgia) As former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, said: “Georgia’s laws don’t comport with MLB “values,” but China’s do?”
So, we have a professional sports league once again trying to tie clean election legislation to discrimination, and they have no problem doing business with nations and companies whose values are diametrically opposed to America’s founding values. I say it is time to focus more on people, and on God’s great plans for every human being. Let’s spend time fulling the Great Commission by turning off professional sports on our TV’s and refusing to show up at their stadiums! Let’s go make disciples!