Welcome back, study friends! Pour yourself a cup of coffee and pull up a chair to the study table! This week we are focusing on signs of the times and signs in today’s world are crystal clear. Let’s set the stage, then dive in!
Yesterday, our focus was on the signs Jesus and the prophet Ezekiel spoke of: a blooming fig tree and a valley of dry bones. Both of those, of course, point to the re-birth of Israel, and are perhaps the most crucial prophecies in all the Bible regarding God’s plan of the end. Israel MUST be back in their land in order for end time events to occur.
So, let’s talk momentarily about God’s calendar of end time events. As we’ve discussed previously on this blog, the feasts of Israel serve as a clear calendar of God’s plan. Here is a re-cap of those 7 major feasts:
- Passover – the first feast of the spring. Jesus fulfilled this feast by becoming our Passover Lamb. (John 1:29, 1 Corinthians 5:7b)
- Feast of Unleavened Bread – immediately following Passover. Unleavened bread is symbolic of ridding oneself of sin. Jesus, the Sinless One, fulfilled the feast by becoming the sinless sacrifice, pierced for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities. (Isaiah 53:5)
- Feast of First Fruits – within days of the first two feasts. 1 Corinthians 15:20 confirms that Christ is risen from the dead and has become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep!
- Pentecost – 50 days following the Feast of First Fruits. It was on Pentecost that the Holy Spirit was sent and the Church Age began. This is the age in which we live! God has turned His attention to Gentiles, to bring salvation, but will soon turn His attention back to His plan for the Jewish people.
- Feast of Trumpets – the next thing on God’s calendar! For Christians, the idea of trumpets brings to mind one thing: the rapture! Indeed, it is next on God’s calendar!
- Yom Kippur – the most solemn day on the Jewish calendar. The Bible teaches us that the Jews will look upon Him who they pierced, and they will mourn for Him as if for an only son. (Zechariah 12:10) Repentance is coming to the Jews!
- Feast of Tabernacles – the celebratory feast. One day, all the nations of the world will gather in Jerusalem to worship the King of Kings! We know that as the Millennial Kingdom. (Zechariah 14:16-21)
That’s the big picture! But, let’s zoom into the chronology of events presented in Ezekiel 36-39. There, we find:
- Chapter 36: God preparing the land for the return of His people
- Chapter 37: God bringing the Jewish people back to life and planting them in the land
- Chapter 38: An invasion of Israel from the north
- Chapter 39: God taking care of business on Israel’s behalf
So, do you see the signs, my friends? We’re living in the days just before the rapture. We’re also living “in the in between” of Ezekiel 37 and Ezekiel 38. It is calm for the moment, but storm clouds are rising and the storm will most definitely follow!
The question is: are we like those Jesus rebuked for knowing how to discern the weather, but unable to discern the times in which we live? Or do we see the signs for what they are: a warning that Jesus is coming back soon? It is time to prepare ourselves for the coming of the Bridegroom! (Matthew 25)
Are you ready?
PS: Come back later today for an incredible sign of the times! You will be blessed!