Happy Lord’s Day, dear friends! As American believers in Jesus Christ we rejoice with fellow believers every Sunday, acknowledging our salvation in Him. But what about other parts of the world?
Of course there are believers all over the world who worship the same Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, but I recently read some very encouraging information regarding the Middle East! Let’s begin with Israel:
- There seems to be growing interest in the Gospel of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) among Israeli Jews.
- There is an estimated 15,000 Messianic Jewish believers in Israel right now.
- There are not necessarily large numbers of Israelis coming to faith in Yeshua as the Messiah, but there is growing openness toward conversation about it.
- Large number of Jews in Israel are listening to fellow Jews share testimonies about coming to faith in Yeshua.
- The website I Met Messiah is loaded with testimonies from Jewish believers in Messiah; and its sister site, One for Israel, contains evangelical teachings about the Messiah by Jewish believers. Both sites are getting unbelievable traffic as Jews search for the Messiah.
- A 2015 Pew Forum survey found that 18% of all Israeli Jews believe that one can believe in Jesus as Messiah and still remain a Jew. That may seem like a small number, but it is a huge departure from the almost non-existent belief that has lingered for millennia.
But the revival fires seem to be burning even brighter in the Arab world:
- In large part, Muslims are not only interested in hearing of Jesus the Messiah, millions are coming to faith in Him!
- In deeply analyzed research by world-renown researchers, the data suggests that the number of Muslims who have come to faith in Jesus Christ has grown from fewer than 200,000 to (conservatively) 10 million since 1960. (Other estimates range from 6 million to 18 million.)
- It is believed by virtually all researchers that the number is accelerating at tremendous rates.
- In search of the One True God, Muslim people throughout the Middle East are turning to satellite TV, radio and the internet for answers. (Check out the ministry and the testimonies at Iran Alive Ministries. You’ll be amazed.)
- A civil war is underway in Islam. As Muslim people seek the truth in “pure religion” espoused by the likes of Iran and ISIS, they are determining that, if that is Islam, they are not interested.
- Jesus is appearing in dreams and visions to Muslim people, and they are recognizing Him as Messiah.
Friends, as we pray for revival fires to be sparked in our own country (as we should), please be encouraged that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob…the Lord Jesus Christ…is making Himself known in the Middle East! In Ezekiel 36-37 and other places, the Lord promises to pour out His Spirit upon the Jews, and to draw all people to Himself. He is doing that!
(The majority of the data and statistics above are summarized from a longer report by Joel Rosenberg on behalf of The Joshua Fund. Read the entire report here.)